Our client is a 100% subsidiary of the third largest financial institution in Russia and was established in 2013 in Luxembourg. Having deep expertise on Russian as well as European financial markets the Bank offers a broad range of financial services and provides individually customized solutions in Corporate Banking, Investment Banking, Asset Management, Financial and Capital Markets.
We are looking for a
Deputy Head of Accounting & Regulatory Reporting (m/f)
Your responsibilities/ main tasks:
- Full support to the Head of Accounting & Regulatory Reporting Department and proactive contribution in regular and “ad-hoc” tasks and assignments
- Interactive participation covering Accounting and regulatory aspects in “New product initiatives” and other bank-wide products and initiatives
- Keeping track of new guidelines and regulations related to the Accounting and Regulatory Reporting domain and monitor changes (e.g. European Banking Authority, European Central Bank, IFRS, Tax issues and BCBS)
- Assistance to the Head of Accounting & Regulatory Reporting with as follows:
- Timely preparation and submission of financial and prudential reporting (FINREP/COREP/Statistical/ad hoc) as well as Group financial reporting, including IFRS Support the bank’s annual account preparation under IFRS including cooperation with auditors
- Support the yearly budgeting and forecasting process
- Support all tax matters (bank’s annual tax return, monthly and yearly VAT returns, new tax requirements and their implementation)
- Support all kind of test activities in conjunction with the core banking system; identification of system improvements and taking lead on documenting, implementing and training of these changes
- Support the implementation of efficient, reliable and high-quality processes within department (drafting procedures, workflows, etc.)
- Motivating and providing guidance to the team members
- University degree or equivalent in Finance, Economic or a related field
- Any additional qualification (CA, CFA, etc.) is considered as an advantage
- At least seven years of professional experience in a similar position at an international financial institution; professional experience in one of the Big Four Audit Firms is considered as an advantage
- Expertise in relevant core banking applications; specific knowledge of Avaloq is a distinct advantage.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (specific knowledge of Access and VBA programming is a distinct advantage); knowledge of XBRL
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Strong analytical skills
- Accuracy and details orientation
- Fluency in English and strong knowledge of French. Luxembourgish, German and Russian language skills are a distinct advantage
Particularities of the company:
In the international surrounding you can design your career individually and become part of a highly motivated and friendly team. Due to the comprehensible structure and small departments of this company, people know each other and work together in a good atmosphere. An attractive job in an open and innovative working environment awaits you.
Are you interested? Then contact us.